For many months now, we’ve been hard at work on a new anarchist outreach project that picks up where Fighting for Our Lives left off—drawing on everything we’ve learned since then and updating the contents and format. Now that work is completed—we just need your help to get it into the world.
To Change Everything is a full-color 48-page booklet. In fresh, accessible language, it explores the virtues of self-determination, illuminates why authoritarian power structures cannot resolve the crises they produce, and discusses how to weave our personal revolts together into a collective struggle for liberation.
We want to print 100,000 copies and circulate it for free, so as to reach the generations radicalized by the global movements and catastrophes of the past few years. We’ve worked with Submedia.tv to produce an accompanying video; we’re coordinating with comrades around the world so the text will appear simultaneously on at least three continents in at least a dozen languages. The video and text will be available in all those languages on a fully responsive website. With your help, we can accomplish all this by the end of 2014.
We’re using Kickstarter to raise the funds to cover printing. If you aren’t familiar with Kickstarter, you can learn about how to use it here. If you’re curious why we’re using a fundraising platform for this project, read our explanation Why a Kickstarter? Why Now?. If you think we do good work, please help us—every little bit counts, and you’ll be ensuring that this project is available to everyone for free. To sweeten the pot, we’ve come up with some fancy rewards for donors, including our first-ever t-shirts.
New anarchist outreach material is long overdue. Even entrenched representatives of the status quo are now admitting that it is necessary to change everything, but the best they can come up with is to appeal to the same authorities that are responsible for our problems in the first place. Meanwhile, the rise of the far right in Europe and the ongoing debacle in Ukraine show how high the stakes are and how bleak the future will be if fascists succeed in presenting themselves as the partisans of change. When the next round of uprisings arrives, it may be too late to reach out to people.
We don’t ask for much, but if ever there were a time for you to help us, this is it. Even if you can’t contribute financially, please send word of this project out on twitter or Facebook, yell it out from street corners. Thanks so much, dear friends.
Recent Blog posts
• The Ex-Worker #29: Anarchism in Chile, Part I[Oct 9th]
• New Project: To Change Everything[Oct 7th]
• The Ex-Worker #28: Anarcha-Feminism, Part II[Sep 14th]
• CrimethInc. in Scandinavia and the Balkans[Aug 26th]
• Ex-Worker #27: Anti-Police Riots in Ferguson[Aug 24th]
• The Making of “Outside Agitators”[Aug 20th]
• What They Mean when They Say Peace[Aug 18th]
• Staying Safe in the Streets[Aug 14th]
• The Making of “Outside Agitators” [Texts / Aug 20th]
• What They Mean when They Say Peace [Texts / Aug 18th]
• Why Riot against the World Cup? [Texts / June 12th]
• Rolling Thunder #11 [Journal / April 7th]
• Ukrainian Revolution & Future of Social Movements [Texts / Mar 18th]
• Deserting the Digital Utopia [Texts / Oct 28th]
• After the Crest, pt. I: While the Dust Is Settling [Texts / Sep 9th]
• The June 2013 Uprisings in Brazil, Pt. II [Texts / Aug 28th]
• PRISM Surveillance Device Stickers [Tools / Aug 6th]
• The June 2013 Uprisings in Brazil, Pt. I [Texts / July 27th]
• Standing on the Land to Stand Up Against Pipelines [Texts / July 9th]
• The Internet As New Enclosure [Texts / June 10th]
• Anarchism and the English Language [Texts / May 23rd]
• Accounting for Ourselves [Texts / April 17th]
• Rolling Thunder #6 Complete PDF [Journal / March 31st]
• Contradictionary [Books / March 24th]
• Recipes for Disaster Second Edition [Books / Sept 24th]
The second series of Rolling Thunder opens with an issue full of adventure and analysis. Whether you’re a committed revolutionary looking for the latest strategic reflections from the front lines, or you simply enjoy the gripping tales of suspense and subversion, you can’t get this stuff anywhere else. Featuring a completely new and improved format, at 128 pages, this is our thickest issue yet.
We have partnered with our dear friends in the NSA to produce a Customer Appreciation Page at watchingover.us. Our first outreach project to promote awareness about the PRISM program and the NSA in general is a state-of-the-art sticker suitable for mobile phones, computers, and other electronic devices. Sport one of these to let everyone know where you stand; take a roll to educate your fellow students or employees!